Friday, September 5, 2008

Letter to cousin

Dear Cousin,

I received your letter asking me to explain what public relations means to me. I think that someone working in the field of public relations acts as a liaison between his or her company and the media. Writing press releases and creating various types of portfolios are very common.

There are two types of PR, the first being external PR which is someone who works for a company or organization and interacts with the media and other companies. The second being someone who works for a company and works solely within the company to create a positive atmosphere between the employer and the employees.

I enjoy studying PR because I like to interact with a wide variety of people and I like representing people and organizations in a positive light. I would eventually like to do PR for a non-profit organization.

I hope that this has given you a better idea of what public relations is and its purpose within a company.


Sincerely,

Jo Olsen

No comments: